Help Us Spread the Word!
Most youth who age out of foster care should be automatically enrolled into “Medicaid to 26” coverage; however, we need your help to make sure all eligible young people are able to access, understand, and use their Medicaid coverage when they need it.
How You Can Help:
- Share our website and flyer (PDF) widely! Youth currently in care and former foster youth, foster parents and kinship caregivers, teachers, coaches, librarians, doctors and nurses, mentors, church members—essentially anyone who spends time with young people who are in or may have been in foster care should know about this coverage.
- Drop off our postcards and bookmarks at your schools, libraries, churches and community centers—they’re easy (and discreet) ways to offer information for youth to pick up and use when it’s convenient for them.
- Share our website and materials through your social media networks (Be sure to use #FosteringHealthVA).
- Encourage former foster youth under the age of 26 to email Voices Policy Analyst Allison Gilbreath ([email protected]) if they have questions or are having issues with signing up for coverage.
- Want to help us advocate for young people in and aging out of foster care? Let us know! Email [email protected] to find out more about how you can contribute.
How We Can Help:
Please contact us Voices Policy Analyst Allison Gilbreath at [email protected] for any of the following:
- To schedule trainings & presentations (for youth or organizations/providers): We can offer information on accessing and troubleshooting “Medicaid to 26” coverage via 1/1.5-hour presentations.
- City/County-specific Information: If you are looking for “Medicaid to 26” coverage information for a specific locality, or need advice/assistance with a specific case, please contact us.
- Additional postcards/bookmarks: We can provide a limited number of printed materials for use in your area.